Forum > Linux

karmic: stuck

<< < (2/3) > >>

sunu:
Pepi, do you have a fermi card? If you don't, go back to cuda 2.2 app and cuda 2.3 libs. It is faster. Look at http://lunatics.kwsn.net/linux/setihomecuda-3-0-linux-apps.0.html .

Pepi:
Sunu, I was reading your article in 4 AM ( my local time) and go back to Cuda 2.2 APP and cuda libs 2.3.
But it looks like that combination is about 5 seconds slower then  cuda 3.0 and cudalibs 3.0 with my linux and my card  GTX 260. And since all results I now have is short ones I will wait unit one or more long appear, so I can compare old "long" and new "long" results. :)

sunu:

--- Quote from: Pepi on 20 Apr 2010, 03:26:32 am ---Sunu, I was reading your article in 4 AM ( my local time) and go back to Cuda 2.2 APP and cuda libs 2.3.
But it looks like that combination is about 5 seconds slower then  cuda 3.0 and cudalibs 3.0 with my linux and my card  GTX 260. And since all results I now have is short ones I will wait unit one or more long appear, so I can compare old "long" and new "long" results. :)

--- End quote ---

You can't compare directly 2-3 different short or long ones as you say, run through boinc, and decide which is faster. Every workunit is different. You have to run the SAME workunits with both combinations to see which is faster, like I did in the other post. If you want to set up such a test and need help post here.

Pepi:
Of course I need help, but my knowledge of linux is very very low. So  if you still wont to help me: please say: how to do tests?
I am interested in only two combination: cuda 2.2 app + cuda 2.3 dll and cuda 3.0 app + cuda 3.0 dll

sunu:
Ok.

1. Get the file I attach below and extract it somewhere.

2. In the base folder KWSN... put the two cuda applications.

3. Go to your boinc cache and randomly pick some workunits and copy them to the testWUs directory.

4. Open a console in the testWUs directory and do a ls -1 to get a list of the workunits.

5. Edit the file benchmark and where it says FILES="" put the list from 4. between the two ", something like:
FILES="07mr07ae.3628.26592.15.10.150
29ja07ad.1241.892.5.10.236
29mr07af.21746.25021.16.10.234"
Where it says REF_APP="" put the filename of the 2.2 app between the two " and where it says APPS="" put the filename of the 3.0 app.

6. Set up the cuda 2.3 and cuda 3.0 libs side by side. The cudart.so and cufft.so symbolic links are the same between the two sets and could cause some confusion. I think you can omit them, at least for this test.

7. Close boinc and any other program you have running in the background. It is better to leave your PC alone while running this test to not skew the results in any way.

8. Run the benchmark file with
sh benchmark

9. In the end, in the testData folder  there will be a file named time.txt where you'll find the running times.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version