Forum > Linux

why is cuda linux missing from download area?

<< < (2/2)

Brodo:
A good and helpful answer but it doesn't answer the original question. Why is the Linux x86_64 CUDA client not available from the download area ?

Something I've wondered myself on the odd occasion.

Brodo

sunu:

--- Quote from: Brodo on 17 Feb 2010, 09:15:55 am ---A good and helpful answer but it doesn't answer the original question. Why is the Linux x86_64 CUDA client not available from the download area ?

Something I've wondered myself on the odd occasion.

--- End quote ---

I wonder myself too.

Richard Haselgrove:
Because nobody has demonstrated themselves to be sufficiently community-minded to join this community, share coding ideas and techniques, develop a fully-fledged application, submit it for peer testing and tweak as necessary, supply documentation and source code, and stay around to help early adopters and maintain the apps as needed.

I think that's a reasonable (brief) summary of the sort of qualities that earn a place in the download area: people who just drop off hit-and-run applications en passant can make their own hosting arrangements.

Gecko_R7:
Crunch3r ported and compiled the last MB linux aps as well as MB Cuda.
He was the "lead" developer of these, built them, and was far better prepared to deal w/ SW/HW compatibility and user support questions.
Linux (historically) has not been a very strong suit of familiarity and skills here, and realistically, Crunch3r has been the independent defacto Linux expert for quite a while.
However, Urs is bringing additional expertise and support in this area now.  ;) and our resident devs are becoming more familiar w/ Cuda and ATI programming.

Linux MB and x64 MB Cuda aps can be found at below links. 
EDIT: x32 MB Cuda ap is withdrawn due to unresolved bugs/issues. (Thanks for the heads-up Richard!)

Linux x64
Linux x32

The MB builds are in an announcement on page (2) of Lunatics home page.
They were also announced at NC in the Opt release thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version