Forum > Linux

Initial public release - SSE Linux optimized Seti@Home client (5.15)

<< < (3/3)

kruemelmaus:
Simon,

thanks for the fast reply...far too kind, far too kind...

--- Quote from: Simon on 13 Jul 2006, 04:34:35 pm ---[...]
When I get some time, I'll compile an MMX-compatible Linux app as well as the same spread of optimized apps as for Windows.
[...]

--- End quote ---

Since i am not a subject matter expert on this topic, i cannot say whether this is worth the effort.
The little Centaur should be capable of running MMX and SSE apps and your SSE version is aready giving it a VERY good boost  ;D

If you think it is worth it, i'd volounteer and  try to test (or at least to run the benchmarks) on my little ipcop   ::)

regards,
        kruemelmaus

Simon:
I don't think the MMX version would work more quickly on your Centaur - however, there are still a lot of people out there whose computers only support MMX.

The SSE version will remain the quickest for your system :)

Regards,
Simon.

kruemelmaus:
....than i'll hapilly follow your recommendation and stick with the SSE version, thank you !  :D

BTW: your windows apps are also doing fine on my side (altough off-topic in this part of the forum)

-> Thinkpad with Pentium M 1700MHz, running the SSE2 P-M version: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=353135589

Again, thank you for such a fine piece of craftsmanship !

regards,
        kruemelmaus

pgy:
Hi Simon,

I got an error result with the Linux SSE version. The other replications didn't error out.

You might want to take a look.

Cheers,
P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version