Forum > Linux

Problem with stock AP 5.06 apps

<< < (2/2)

Cosmic_Ocean:

--- Quote from: Urs Echternacht on 09 Sep 2009, 05:54:44 am ---Sorry, Cosmic_Ocean, but if you had read the README_APP.txt that came in the released package you could have known that before the failures. kernel versions below 2.6.22 are NOT supported. Therefor please update if you want to run this application.
--- End quote ---
README's?  Who reads those?  :D

At any rate, seems like too much work to rebuild the app from source.  I wouldn't want my build to end up being incompatible somehow.

I'll probably just reinstall the OSes on the two Linux boxes with something newer.  I'm in the process of acquiring SLES11.  I'll give that a try in VMware and see if that solves the problem.

Urs Echternacht:

--- Quote from: Cosmic_Ocean on 09 Sep 2009, 12:56:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: Urs Echternacht on 09 Sep 2009, 05:54:44 am ---Sorry, Cosmic_Ocean, but if you had read the README_APP.txt that came in the released package you could have known that before the failures. kernel versions below 2.6.22 are NOT supported. Therefor please update if you want to run this application.
--- End quote ---

At any rate, seems like too much work to rebuild the app from source.  I wouldn't want my build to end up being incompatible somehow.

I'll probably just reinstall the OSes on the two Linux boxes with something newer.  I'm in the process of acquiring SLES11.  I'll give that a try in VMware and see if that solves the problem.

--- End quote ---
That should do it, of course. SLES11 is using a new enough kernel version.

Raistmer:

--- Quote from: Cosmic_Ocean on 09 Sep 2009, 12:56:20 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Hehe, but after time spent for readme composing and cleaning author may have big temptation just to write RTFM ! Keep this in mind ;)

Cosmic_Ocean:
I should note that I could not find a 'readme' for the stock apps in the fanout directory.  I tried stock first before posting here to see if there was any insight, and then found that r168 showed up on the download page.  That's when I ran into the GLIBCXX_3.4.9 problem, posted that observation here, then read the readme after I was told I should have read it.

That is all well and good, but all of that pertains to the opti app.  Am I to assume the stock app has the  same requirements?

Cosmic_Ocean:
Alright, VMware testing seems hopeful.  Stock 32-bit app actually runs.  I was not able to test a 64-bit installation, but it should work.

Kernel in SLES11 is 2.6.27.19

Has two libstdc++'s installed.  One is 3.3.3, the other is 4.3.3

--- Code: ---rpm -q --provides libstdc++43
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.9)
libstdc++43 = 4.3.3_20081022-11.18
--- End code ---

So I think upgrading to SLES11 will do the trick.  Now to schedule some downtime..

[edit: upgrade installed.  tarballed the BOINC directory before formatting, and unpacked when done.  Installed the init.d boinc script, did a groupadd and useradd, unpacked the tarball, and fired it up.  Seems to be working fine, though it only does MB right now.

Loaded up the boinctest directory and the stock apps now work properly, as well as r168-64.  Just waiting for confirmation of r168's official release into main before adding it to app_info.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version