Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (20/167) > >>

Jason G:
Note from nVidia;s facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/NVIDIA?_fb_noscript=1

" NVIDIA  We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our website. Thanks, and stay tuned for updates."

Ghost0210:
Thanks Jason
I got the 196.75 drivers on my gt240's
fan speeds seem fine to me so far, both running @ about 86% load @60-62 degrees and according to both GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner fan speeds are reported at about 16%
Not sure how this would affect the higher end cards, but I don't seem to have that issue    ;D

HSchmirPo:
My Card is the 295 and is on water. With the optimized drivers I always got VGA restarts with all releases up to 196.21 from nvidia.
Then I resetted the project and installed stock drivers through boinc and the nvidia 196.75. This is the end of the VGA restarts, wich always errored out the workunit.

Ghost0210:
I used to get the crashes as well especially on the 195 drivers.
Went back to the 191.07 drivers and problem solved
Thought I'd try thee 196.75 drivers as there seems to have been some stability work done by nVidia on this set - had them since thrusday and no crash yet - also reported problem of fan speed issues hasn't affected me
No improvement or reduction of speed either

HSchmirPo:
I have a second 295 card with nvidia driver  196.75  AND OPTIMEZED apps (Lunatics installer V0.2).
This card shows VGA restarts. So I think the optimized apps causes the card to restart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version