Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (156/167) > >>

k6xt:
Last week I had two MSI twin frozr cards whose fans froz up. Only an ATI 4750 4850 replacement so I installed that. Reading thru the posts I see ATI 13.1 isn't fully functional.

My question: Is ATI 13.4 Beta working, or should I revert to an earlier version, 12.6 if I can find the link?

Thanks
Art

PS MSI wants $35 per card just to look into it. Tech support says the fans are not available separately. There's a Chinese company on Ebay selling MSI branded fans for these cards for about $25 so I ordered replacements. Probably the same company that makes them for MSI.

Claggy:

--- Quote from: k6xt on 30 Aug 2013, 12:48:45 pm ---My question: Is ATI 13.4 Beta working, or should I revert to an earlier version, 12.6 if I can find the link?

--- End quote ---
There should be no problem with running Cat 13.2 or later with the current released apps, (Not had a chance to run the Cat 13.8 Beta driver yet)
although you'll want to delete the app's compilations so the app generates fresh ones for that driver (the .bin and .bin_* and .wisdom files for the GPU app revision that you're running), you should get a small speedup.

Claggy

Mike:
Agreed.
All recent drives are working.

Pizzadude:
Fans seem to be a weak point for MSI Frozr cards, I had two MSI Nvidia cards crap out on me last year after the fan started rattling and then slowing and ceasing up. Returned to MSI under warranty and they repaired, but same happened again within 90 days.

--- Quote from: k6xt on 30 Aug 2013, 12:48:45 pm ---Last week I had two MSI twin frozr cards whose fans froz up. Only an ATI 4750 4850 replacement so I installed that. Reading thru the posts I see ATI 13.1 isn't fully functional.

My question: Is ATI 13.4 Beta working, or should I revert to an earlier version, 12.6 if I can find the link?

Thanks
Art

PS MSI wants $35 per card just to look into it. Tech support says the fans are not available separately. There's a Chinese company on Ebay selling MSI branded fans for these cards for about $25 so I ordered replacements. Probably the same company that makes them for MSI.

--- End quote ---

arkayn:

--- Quote from: Pizzadude on 01 Sep 2013, 02:40:28 am ---Fans seem to be a weak point for MSI Frozr cards, I had two MSI Nvidia cards crap out on me last year after the fan started rattling and then slowing and ceasing up. Returned to MSI under warranty and they repaired, but same happened again within 90 days.

--- Quote from: k6xt on 30 Aug 2013, 12:48:45 pm ---Last week I had two MSI twin frozr cards whose fans froz up. Only an ATI 4750 4850 replacement so I installed that. Reading thru the posts I see ATI 13.1 isn't fully functional.

Thanks
Art

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem with Sapphire's fans as well, had one die, had it repaired under warranty and it died again a year later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version