Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (133/167) > >>

Claggy:

--- Quote from: PatrickV2 on 10 Apr 2012, 12:55:12 pm ---And... What is the verdict? Is the CUDA bug fixed, or still there?

I'm very tempted to install it, but since I use DVI, and blank my screen, I will probably very susceptible to the bug occurring (and ruining Seti work at the same time).

Regards, Patrick.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it is fixed, i even downgraded to 295.73 to double check, now crunching on 301.24 again, it did a few Einstein BRP4Cuda tasks this morning no problem,
and has done ~40 odd Seti Cuda tasks late this afternoon with the monitor asleep no problem,

Claggy

PatrickV2:

--- Quote from: Claggy on 10 Apr 2012, 01:03:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: PatrickV2 on 10 Apr 2012, 12:55:12 pm ---And... What is the verdict? Is the CUDA bug fixed, or still there?

I'm very tempted to install it, but since I use DVI, and blank my screen, I will probably very susceptible to the bug occurring (and ruining Seti work at the same time).

Regards, Patrick.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it is fixed, i even downgraded to 295.73 to double check, now crunching on 301.24 again, it did a few Einstein BRP4Cuda tasks this morning no problem,
and has done ~40 odd Seti Cuda tasks late this afternoon with the monitor asleep no problem,

Claggy

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much! Going to install it now. Will report back here too.

Regards, Patrick.

glennaxl:
Same here no more CUDA sleep bug.

PatrickV2:
Installed them, let the machine blank the screen a few times while monitoring BOINC remotely, and all seems ok.

However, since I never ran drivers which had this bug, cannot compare behaviour to that; only these drivers behave the same as the old ones. ;)

Ciao, Patrick.

TouchuvGrey:
Any improvement in performance ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version