Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (125/167) > >>

MarkJ:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 30 Jan 2012, 08:09:10 am ---
--- Quote from: MarkJ on 30 Jan 2012, 06:31:34 am ---Anything useful in cuda 4.1 for us? Does the optimizing compiler make any difference to earlier ones?

--- End quote ---

Decent performance gain on Fermis.  Older GPUs are seeing a slowdown over Cuda 3.2, which has been reported & apparently reproduced by nVidia.  I was hoping they'd fix that by release, as it means will probably have to support 2 builds next installer.

Jason

--- End quote ---

Was that cuda 3.2 apps on the beta driver?

Have you compiled a cuda 4.1 app to see how it goes?

MarkJ

Claggy:

--- Quote from: MarkJ on 02 Feb 2012, 04:27:37 am ---
--- Quote from: Jason G on 30 Jan 2012, 08:09:10 am ---
--- Quote from: MarkJ on 30 Jan 2012, 06:31:34 am ---Anything useful in cuda 4.1 for us? Does the optimizing compiler make any difference to earlier ones?

--- End quote ---

Decent performance gain on Fermis.  Older GPUs are seeing a slowdown over Cuda 3.2, which has been reported & apparently reproduced by nVidia.  I was hoping they'd fix that by release, as it means will probably have to support 2 builds next installer.

Jason

--- End quote ---

Was that cuda 3.2 apps on the beta driver?

Have you compiled a cuda 4.1 app to see how it goes?

MarkJ

--- End quote ---
It was Cuda41rc2 and Cuda41 apps that were quite a bit slower than Cuda32 apps on Pre-Fermi GPUs (like my 9800GTX+) with the Cuda41 drivers, Fermi's have a performance increase with Cuda41rc2 and Cuda41 apps,

Claggy

corsair:
roarming tarifs in data  >:( >:( (as usual very cheaps, nearly the whole salary) and can't test new drivers for my APU  >:(

will see when arrive home for shore leaves in April, now in Rotterdam discharging.

Claggy:
295.73 WHQL is out, downloading now.

Edit: the disappearing cuda devibe bug is still apparenin these drivers too.

Claggy

PatrickV2:

--- Quote from: Claggy on 21 Feb 2012, 03:49:33 pm ---295.73 WHQL is out, downloading now.

Claggy

--- End quote ---

I see NVidia promises some major improvements for several games, but how is the CUDA processing with these drivers?

I'd like to know before I convert my main gaming rig (which crunches WU's when not gaming) to these new drivers...

Regards,

Patrick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version