Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (117/167) > >>

Claggy:

--- Quote from: corsair on 22 Dec 2011, 11:02:06 am ---Received repaired the NVidia GTX460, un-installed the ATI HD 3850 and drivers (with un-installing application + driversweeper and set-up with NVidia ver 285.62 now crunching properly, why is not crunching with ATI ?? ??

--- End quote ---
Which projects couldn't you get the HD3850 to crunch on?, and what drivers did you have installed?, did try rolling back to earlier drivers?

Claggy

corsair:

--- Quote from: Claggy on 22 Dec 2011, 11:23:25 am ---Which projects couldn't you get the HD3850 to crunch on?, and what drivers did you have installed?, did try rolling back to earlier drivers?

Claggy

--- End quote ---

with HD3850 milky-way (this card is DP), Collatz, SETI MB ATI and Prime grid and no success with any of then, when I built the computer I was able to crunch at least in milky-way and Collatz, at that time there was not MB for ATI and I was not signed for Prime grid.

I've used several version the last 11.11 & 11.12 don't know what happens but in another computer it works but not in this since the first time I exchanged the ATI for a NVidia 9800 and because a problem I switched back to ATI again and in those times no success too, well I suppose I'll should have to give retirement to this GPU and start thinking in fdisk, format and re-install OS in computer (win7-pro-x64-sp1-ES)

Claggy:

--- Quote from: corsair on 22 Dec 2011, 01:54:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: Claggy on 22 Dec 2011, 11:23:25 am ---Which projects couldn't you get the HD3850 to crunch on?, and what drivers did you have installed?, did try rolling back to earlier drivers?

Claggy

--- End quote ---

with HD3850 milky-way (this card is DP), Collatz, SETI MB ATI and Prime grid and no success with any of then, when I built the computer I was able to crunch at least in milky-way and Collatz, at that time there was not MB for ATI and I was not signed for Prime grid.

I've used several version the last 11.11 & 11.12 don't know what happens but in another computer it works but not in this since the first time I exchanged the ATI for a NVidia 9800 and because a problem I switched back to ATI again and in those times no success too, well I suppose I'll should have to give retirement to this GPU and start thinking in fdisk, format and re-install OS in computer (win7-pro-x64-sp1-ES)

--- End quote ---
O.K, with Seti ATI MB and PrimeGrid you're never going to get them to work, as both those projects ATI apps are OpenCL apps, and the HD3850 isn't OpenCL capable, you need an HD4*** or later ATI GPU for OpenCL capability.
There is a Seti Hybrid Astropulse app that will work on you're GPU (if you're got the right driver), but it mostly uses the CPU, and only intermittently uses the GPU, hardly worth using,

For Collatz and Milkyway to work you'll have to choose an earlier driver, i don't think Cat 11.10, 11.11 or 11.12 work with Collatz at all,

Claggy

Raistmer:
ATi hybrid AP being run with MW side to side definitely worth using if participant interested in SETI throughput increase w/o sacrificing his GPU total performance.

Frizz:
Zacate (E-350): by updating from Catalyst 11.5 to 11.12 I lost about 30 (!) percent performance for AP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version