Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (98/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: PatrickV2 on 08 Oct 2011, 05:41:15 pm ---...The system ran fine without any such problems when I was still using the latest WHQL drivers (280.26). Have other people here encountered similar errors with the latest BETA drivers?...
--- End quote ---

Have made the transition myelf yesterday on my main machine (with GTX 480), and not had such incidents (yet) but there's still time  :)  ... Something rings a bell with what you describe though, though I can't place it.  Did you use the 'clean install' advanced option ?

PatrickV2:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 08 Oct 2011, 06:04:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: PatrickV2 on 08 Oct 2011, 05:41:15 pm ---...The system ran fine without any such problems when I was still using the latest WHQL drivers (280.26). Have other people here encountered similar errors with the latest BETA drivers?...
--- End quote ---

Have made the transition myelf yesterday on my main machine (with GTX 480), and not had such incidents (yet) but there's still time  :)  ... Something rings a bell with what you describe though, though I can't place it.  Did you use the 'clean install' advanced option ?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I used the Advanced -> Clean Install option. (I always do ever since NVidia introduced this option...)

Regards, Patrick.

Jason G:

--- Quote from: PatrickV2 on 08 Oct 2011, 06:06:37 pm ---Yes, I used the Advanced -> Clean Install option. (I always do ever since NVidia introduced this option...)
--- End quote ---

I'd suggest if the crashes persist then, on the off chance they don't have all the kinks completely worked out with the Beta driver, indeed go back to a clean install of the last WHQL.

Sometimes, due to the way modern Windows caches drivers for quick boot, simply booting into safe mode then rebooting back into normal mode can clear out some gremlins.  It's weird, but works for a few specific issues I can name, that otherwise look like broken hardware/drivers.

Jason.

arkayn:
I also installed 285.38 yesterday on my GTX560 and have not seen any problems on my end.

Mine was a install over the old version though.

Frizz:

--- Quote from: Mike on 08 Oct 2011, 06:33:15 am ---Cat 11.10 preview V2 released.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

--- End quote ---

The 100% CPU load problem for multi-GPU systems is still there.

AMD seriously sucks!  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version