Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (69/167) > >>

perryjay:
No problem Carola.

And Pepi, My GTS 450 also has 1Gb but it didn't take long for the newer drivers to cause it to down clock. Probably because I snoozed the GPU to play a game and it wouldn't come back up. Some people were reporting it took over 30 days before theirs down clocked but down clock they did. I sure am looking forward to the new installer and a cure for it. I will be glad to jump on it when it comes out as Beta. Wish I knew enough to join the alpha testers but I would just slow them down!!    :'(

Pepi:
Perryjay, snozing GPU is main reason for downclock. I make another tactics: I use onboard GPU for 2D work in windows, so Geforce is only for  crunching. 

perryjay:
Great idea Pepi but my cheapo machine disabled onboard GPU when I put the extra in there. Can't find any way to get it running again with the 450 in there.

Pepi:

--- Quote from: perryjay on 03 Jun 2011, 07:45:11 pm ---Great idea Pepi but my cheapo machine disabled onboard GPU when I put the extra in there. Can't find any way to get it running again with the 450 in there.

--- End quote ---
And your motherboard is?

perryjay:
EMachines  MCP73VT-PM 1.0  Like I said, a cheapo!   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version