Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (68/167) > >>

perryjay:
My little GTS 450 shows this with the 266.58 driver...

6/3/2011 8:23:51 AM      NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce GTS 450 (driver version 26658, CUDA version 3020, compute capability 2.1, 993MB, 461 GFLOPS peak)

I tried the newer drivers before and though it didn't break any work units it did slow way down and I had to go back to this 266.58. I was so worried by the slow down I didn't think to see how much the memory changed. I sure will be glad when this problem gets solved.

Oh yeah, I'm also running the X32F.

Miep:
[grumpy] Does anybody EVER read anywhere properly?[/grumpy]

Until either x37/x38 is available puiblicly OR the boinc API has been updated AND stock recompiled,  chances are high that Cuda 4 drivers (270+) wil NOT work properly. sticky downclock, memory issues, strange exits truncaed stderr, you name it. Stay on the stuipd 266 driver until we have the installer out.

You can of course just riosk it and hope your system isn't affected but you have been warned. Several times.

Entschuldigt, aber ich bin es einfach leid mir den Mund fusselig zu reden, nur weil keiner zuhoert. Irgendwann reisst auch mir der Geduldsfaden.

I think that's too colloquial to translate well with google. sorry.

perryjay:
Key phrase there was I tried the newer drivers before.... That was when they were first released. I was saying I was not going to update drivers again until this mess is sorted out. That's my round about way of agreeing with you "Grumpy" !!   ;D

Pepi:
When you have card like me with 1 GB of memory , then you are not worried about that info ( what drivers say about memory size left) I know that on nearly any new release of drivers show less memory: I have GTX 460 with 768 MB of memory, and in that case you cannot run 3 only 2 WU in parallel. But when you have  1 GB, it is not problem what drivers show ( 903 MB, 935 MB or 993 MB) :)
But this drivers is fast as hell!

Miep:

--- Quote from: perryjay on 03 Jun 2011, 01:37:54 pm ---Key phrase there was I tried the newer drivers before.... That was when they were first released. I was saying I was not going to update drivers again until this mess is sorted out. That's my round about way of agreeing with you "Grumpy" !!   ;D

--- End quote ---

I do apologize. wasn't my day today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version