Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (62/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 20 Apr 2011, 04:05:09 am ---
--- Quote from: SciManStev on 19 Apr 2011, 05:57:37 pm ---I tried 270.51 when it was in Beta, and ended up with significant down clocking that could only be cured by a reboot. I'll give this version a go and see what happens.

Steve

--- End quote ---

I was getting this with the beta as well, everytime I had to restart Boinc the card would downclock.
So far though it looks like it's been resolved in this release

--- End quote ---

Alright, lookout.  So far these WHQL drivers appear to give me a higher throughput at the expense of higher temperature on my 480 with test builds.  I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my 480 running at 94 degrees C, so will have to keep an eye on it.  Time to follow through with that plumbing research  ::) will have to hit the old lady up for some danger den funding  :-\

perryjay:
Okay, I loaded the new 270.61 driver yesterday. Got up this morning and noticed my work units were taking around three hours to complete. EVGA Precision is showing me downclocked from 900/1800/1804 to 405/810/324. The only good thing is that my temp is now down to 47c. It normally stays around 67c or so with the older drivers. Now, how do I get rid of this thing? Can I just load the older driver over top of this one or do I have to remove it first then load the older driver?

Jason G:

--- Quote from: perryjay on 20 Apr 2011, 08:00:11 am ---Now, how do I get rid of this thing? Can I just load the older driver over top of this one or do I have to remove it first then load the older driver?
--- End quote ---

Straight install over the top *should* be OK, folowed by the advanced 'clean install' option if it didn;t take, then last ditch effort would be the 'old school' complete uninstall->driverSweeper->installNew tactic.

Miep:
And to add insult to injury, on my (256MB) system it just doesn't want to play along with x32f.

Please pay attention to whether your tasks still validate after upgrading to 270.61!

perryjay:
Hi Miep and Jason G,
Mine validated okay but slow. Nvidia recommends just doing a rollback through System and Maintenance in the control panel so I will try that here in a minute. If that doesn't work I'll try to just install over.  And as a last resort I'll go find Driver Sweeper and do it the hard way.   :-\  If I'm not back in an hour send out a search party!   ;D

Cancel the rescue party I'm back!   ;D  Rollback did not work the first time and when I went to try again the rollback button was blanked out so I hit uninstall instead and then installed the 266.58 driver. That seemed to work okay and it looks like I'm back up to speed. I like to stay up to date on the recommended stuff but I'm not gonna take that kind of a hit on my speed. Work that usually took 35 to 45 minutes were taking 2 or 3 hours. That's not good at all! Maybe the next driver will be better.

One more little note, I tried installing 266.58 over the 270 before I uninstalled and that didn't work either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version