Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (7/167) > >>

Biffa:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 22 Jul 2009, 10:38:27 am ---Get only the needed 2.3 dlls in beta downloads here, and get 190.38 driver from nVidia.  Some small speedup at high angle ranges is observed with V12, will be experimenting to see if new compiler makes a better build, or not, for a while.

--- End quote ---

Are these the same dll's that are in the \CUDA\bin folder after you install the CUDA 2.3 Toolkit?

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Biffa on 24 Jul 2009, 06:34:39 pm ---Are these the same dll's that are in the \CUDA\bin folder after you install the CUDA 2.3 Toolkit?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

k6xt:
After installing the 106MB CUDA 2.3 files from Nvidia I installed cufft.dll and cudart.dll from here. Now I am done and ready to resume processing, is that correct?

No app_info.xml updates and no update to libfftw3f-3-1-1a_upx.dll?

Tnx - Art

Jason G:
correct, the same old fftw library remains, and has nothing to do with cuda, but other parts of the application.  Since the files have the same name, there are no app_info changes.  Do make sure your driver is 190.38+ though.

k6xt:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 27 Jul 2009, 11:30:04 am ---correct, the same old fftw library remains, and has nothing to do with cuda, but other parts of the application.  Since the files have the same name, there are no app_info changes.  Do make sure your driver is 190.38+ though.

--- End quote ---

After installing CUDA2.3 from nvidia my driver is listed as 6.14.11.9038. I took the last part xx.1.9038 to mean now I have V190.38.
Thanks!
Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version