Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (51/167) > >>

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: BANZAI56 on 24 Oct 2010, 06:11:47 pm ---
FWIW, the rig in question has Win2K Pro for an OS and I thought I had read where 257.21 was going to be one of the last to have support for that OS.?.
The underlying thing here is that it’s a case of  ‘if it isn’t broken, fix it until it is’.  :)
The rig had an ample quantity of ghosts, but no actual work during one of the early server outages.  A quick detach/reattach seemed like a great time to also update the client and the opti app.  It is looking like it might become just another reason to simply replace the rig…  :/

--- End quote ---

Possible that NV are no longer supporting Win2k Pro - they've only got Win2k3 x64 on their site now so a rollback to one of the earlier drivers would probably be the best bet.
Although if it means that you can get a new rig out of this then it's not all bad ;D

Ghost0210:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-uk.html
260.99 drivers now available!?!?! Only a week after the 260.89 drivers???

Richard Haselgrove:
There's a discussion at GPUGrid (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=2318) suggesting, at least anecdotally, that some GPUs have been observed to clock-down to a power-saving mode with the 260.89 drivers. The 260.99 release may be a bug-fix for that issue - or it may just have been a mistake (it was unusual that the WHQL release had the same version number as the preceding Beta version).

k6xt:
Haven't been able to invest much time here lately while growing stuff. Now winter's approaching.............

I got latest Nvidia driver 260.99.
See there is a new CUDA toolkit 3.2 RC. Notes here say still RC while NV ensures there's no problems.
I need to  install both then use latest version unified installer 0.37 -- correct?

I use GTX275 and GT8500 in one PC, 9800GTX in another.

Jason G:
Any 256+  series driver installed ( 260.99 seems good ) will be enough for 0.37 .  Cuda 3.2 builds won't be released until sometime after nVidia relase one witnout the RC tag, and some worthwhile imrovements can be added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version