Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (50/167) > >>

Claggy:
For anyone who hasn't noticed, Catalyst 10.10 is out, and there's a new version complete with OpenCL driver:

AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition 92.1 MB 10.10 10/22/2010 
Description:

Package Includes:
  Display Driver
  OpenCL Driver
  ATI Integrated Driver
  Catalyst Control Center
  (English Language Only)
  For the 64 bit version of Windows Vista and Windows 7

Claggy

Raistmer:
interesting :)
What AP and MB crunch times with mew Cat ?

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: Raistmer on 24 Oct 2010, 06:02:31 am ---interesting :)

--- End quote ---
Downloaded and installed the APP version yesterday - so far haven't seen a big improvement with the MB build - maybe a couple of % on my 5670
Uninterrupted times for a 0.44 AR task about 1hr 35 - down from around 1hr 40

Haven't been able to get any AP tasks for over a month now  :'(

Claggy:

--- Quote from: Raistmer on 24 Oct 2010, 06:02:31 am ---interesting :)

--- End quote ---
Haven't tried it yet, just downloading it now, but first i've got to try Cat 10.9 (without my fix) and see if ATI computation works with Nvidia GPU fitted,
then I'll try Cat 10.10, but i've now run out of ATI work from Seti, and only have small amount of Cuda work left,

Claggy

BANZAI56:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 18 Oct 2010, 06:02:08 pm ---Could be possible of course, if app_info is incorrect or file missing/corrupt from project folder - all really depends on what errors the cuda tasks are giving
I'm running the x32f build and the 260.89 drivers so may be worth BANZAI56 upgrading the drivers and re-running the installer to double check everything is correct

--- End quote ---

With the project in such disarray, of late, I couldn't tell you exactly what the specific errors were at this point.  At one point I saw something about no output file, but that may have been before I uninstalled/reinstalled everything to try and troubleshoot it myself.

FWIW, the rig in question has Win2K Pro for an OS and I thought I had read where 257.21 was going to be one of the last to have support for that OS.?.

If the project issues happen to level off in the near future, I guess it couldn't hurt to try 0.36 as someone suggested.  Perhaps 0.37 doesn’t like the combination of the OS and the PCI 9500GT?

The underlying thing here is that it’s a case of  ‘if it isn’t broken, fix it until it is’.  :)
The rig had an ample quantity of ghosts, but no actual work during one of the early server outages.  A quick detach/reattach seemed like a great time to also update the client and the opti app.  It is looking like it might become just another reason to simply replace the rig…  :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version