Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (49/167) > >>

SciManStev:
Interesting, I just had a driver recovery, and three wu's errored out. I am not sure if they were on the same card, as I can't tell from the elapsed time. It looks like 2 from one card, and one from the other.

Steve

SciManStev:
No other issues. Things have been running fine since the driver reset. I am not sure what happened, but all is OK.

Steve

perryjay:
Installed the new driver. Nothing to report. Chose the express install, it did it's thing with no problem. It didn't ask for a reboot after install but I did one anyway just for grins. Ran all night with no problems and is just chugging away doing it's thing. Hope SETI gets things going again. Still have a couple of days worth of work but not sure I can make it to Friday.

Fredericx51:
After constant random conflicts/stops with a GTX470 & 480, I removed, for now, the 470. Maybe PSU issue or Mobo related. (Chipset=X38)
(Driver related?) 258.96? Works OK now, 480 is doing 2 at a time. No stops.

perryjay:

--- Quote from: Fredericx51 on 20 Oct 2010, 05:32:32 am ---After constant random conflicts/stops with a GTX470 & 480, I removed, for now, the 470. Maybe PSU issue or Mobo related. (Chipset=X38)
(Driver related?) 258.96? Works OK now, 480 is doing 2 at a time. No stops.
--- End quote ---

Probably not driver related. Could have been a bit too much for your PSU or it could have been heat related. Maybe the next step would be to try the 470 by itself to see if it is okay. If it is, then put the 480 back in and closely monitor the temps you are getting. If the temps stay in a good range but the conflicts start back up it is probably the PSU not quite up to snuff.

You didn't mention if it was just one or both units that were giving you trouble. If it's just one of them try switching them around between the PCI slots. Could be one of them is bad or loose fitting.

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version