Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (47/167) > >>

perryjay:
Okay, I've downloaded it, now for the dummy questions. One, will it interfere with my app_info in any way that I would have to change? Two, it says on the download page that it now has an option to remove older drivers, should I do this? I've always just installed over top of my old drivers and not had any problem. I do know to exit boinc completely before I do this. Three, I'm running 6.10.58, would there be any reason to go to 6.12.2 while I'm at it? I'm kinda avoiding that right now until they figure out what they are going to do with the messages and notices.

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: perryjay on 18 Oct 2010, 11:23:23 am ---Okay, I've downloaded it, now for the dummy questions. One, will it interfere with my app_info in any way that I would have to change? Two, it says on the download page that it now has an option to remove older drivers, should I do this? I've always just installed over top of my old drivers and not had any problem. I do know to exit boinc completely before I do this. Three, I'm running 6.10.58, would there be any reason to go to 6.12.2 while I'm at it? I'm kinda avoiding that right now until they figure out what they are going to do with the messages and notices.

--- End quote ---

Hi Perryjay,This is what I found when I installed these drivers:
Didn't have to modify the app_info and I didn't bother removing the old drivers (couldn't be bothered to setup my ntune profile again) and it runs as good as the old drivers did.
I'm still on 6.10.58 at the moment as I'm testing something, and apart from the benefit of the backup project change can see no reason to swap over to 6.12.2 just yet

msattler:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 18 Oct 2010, 01:18:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: perryjay on 18 Oct 2010, 11:23:23 am ---Okay, I've downloaded it, now for the dummy questions. One, will it interfere with my app_info in any way that I would have to change? Two, it says on the download page that it now has an option to remove older drivers, should I do this? I've always just installed over top of my old drivers and not had any problem. I do know to exit boinc completely before I do this. Three, I'm running 6.10.58, would there be any reason to go to 6.12.2 while I'm at it? I'm kinda avoiding that right now until they figure out what they are going to do with the messages and notices.

--- End quote ---

Hi Perryjay,This is what I found when I installed these drivers:
Didn't have to modify the app_info and I didn't bother removing the old drivers (couldn't be bothered to setup my ntune profile again) and it runs as good as the old drivers did.
I'm still on 6.10.58 at the moment as I'm testing something, and apart from the benefit of the backup project change can see no reason to swap over to 6.12.2 just yet

--- End quote ---
Keep in mind that the 'project backoff' times in the newer versions of Boinc are INSANE.
If you want to try to keep things going when server connectivity is poor, they will cripple you.

I know it's about trying to shield the servers when they are having difficulty, but Jesus.....

BANZAI56:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 18 Oct 2010, 07:49:47 am ---NVidia UK (GBR) is offering 160.89 WHQL, released today, as recommended for GeForce 9, XP.
--- End quote ---

Do y'all mean 260.89 rather than 160.89?

I wouldn't ask other than I'm having SETI computation issues with my 9500GT W2K rig at 257.21 with the 0.37 installer.  :(

(e non-optimized Collatz is still running fine on the GPU tho.)

JohnDK:

--- Quote from: BANZAI56 on 18 Oct 2010, 05:02:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 18 Oct 2010, 07:49:47 am ---NVidia UK (GBR) is offering 160.89 WHQL, released today, as recommended for GeForce 9, XP.
--- End quote ---

Do y'all mean 260.89 rather than 160.89?

I wouldn't ask other than I'm having SETI computation issues with my 9500GT W2K rig at 257.21 with the 0.37 installer.  :(

(The non-optimized Collatz is still running fine on the GPU tho.)

--- End quote ---

I'm sure it's 260.89, that's the version I'm downloading now.

But for the computation errors, have you used 0.36 installer? I would think that's the problem more than the Nvidia drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version