Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (44/167) > >>

Jason G:

--- Quote from: MarkJ on 16 Oct 2010, 01:43:35 am ---Would a cuda 3.2 version without any additional code changes make sense for the Fermi guys? Given the supposed speed increases on Fermi perhaps it might be worthwhile.

--- End quote ---

Without additional code changes, probably not, or at least not much.  That's because the reported speed increases are primarily double precision and weird sized FFTs (which we don't use)

Having said that, after some downtime due to health, and issues migrating development enviroment to use some newer tools, I'm *almost* back up to continuing development.  There are new features in Cuda 3.2 to look at that will help on both Fermi and earlier gen cards,  considerable work on other areas of the code still to be done, and I beleive Raistmer has some other improvements from the OpenCL that may be applicable for incorporation.

So slow progress, but fairly solid nontheless.

Jason

Richard Haselgrove:
Just been doing some long-overdue maintenance on my hosts, during the outage. Found an oddity on the NVidia driver download page.

NVidia UK (GBR) is offering 160.89 WHQL, released today, as recommended for GeForce 9, XP. But when you click through, it's still described as Beta, released last week. And the US site can't find it at all. Anybody got any experience with it yet, or should I stay one step behind?

Jason G:
Hi Richard,
   160.89 is current WHQL according to the advanced search page: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Given the mentioned release date is 18th October, My guess is they may even still be in the process of uploading it & editing the pages.

Richard Haselgrove:
That's what I saw, but the search result doesn't match the download page.

They don't usually keep the same version number for Beta and WHQL, do they? Just wonder if there were any clues from your developer area access.

Jason G:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 18 Oct 2010, 07:57:50 am ---That's what I saw, but the search result doesn't match the download page.

They don't usually keep the same version number for Beta and WHQL, do they? Just wonder if there were any clues from your developer area access.

--- End quote ---
  None that I saw, but checking again anyway...

[Edit:]  Nothing since Cuda 3.2 Release Candidate, which was issued ith 260.61 'development drivers'. 
My guess is 260.89 is primarily just a stopgap release for introduction of GTS 450 & GT 430 cards.  Haven't fully read the release notes yet though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version