Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (41/167) > >>

SciManStev:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 19 Sep 2010, 09:11:00 am ---have just checked my GPU usage after changing to the 260.63 drivers - seems I'm only getting about 60% usage running 2 tasks at a time
Have just changed to 3 at a time - hitting 95% now using the x32f build and times seem to be about the same as running 2 at a time

--- End quote ---

I agree with everything Ghost said. I am getting the exact same thing. No reall difference in time from 2 to 3 units, and utilization is the same as Ghost indicatred.

Steve

Jason G:
Going to have to start thinking about water cooling this 480  :-\

Raistmer:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 19 Sep 2010, 09:11:00 am ---have just checked my GPU usage after changing to the 260.63 drivers - seems I'm only getting about 60% usage running 2 tasks at a time
Have just changed to 3 at a time - hitting 95% now using the x32f build and times seem to be about the same as running 2 at a time

--- End quote ---
Do you accounting for GPU idle startup time in some way?
This delay can be hided by running few tasks per GPU and the more tasks running simultaneously the better (until no performance degradation in GPU part per se).

Ghost0210:

--- Quote from: Raistmer on 22 Sep 2010, 06:45:33 am ---Do you accounting for GPU idle startup time in some way?
This delay can be hided by running few tasks per GPU and the more tasks running simultaneously the better (until no performance degradation in GPU part per se).

--- End quote ---
Hadn't thought of that
running two tasks at a time the startup time is ~20 seconds - will have to chek what the start up time with 3 at a time is when I get back home

Questor:
What are you all using to show GPU utilization? I use EVGAPrecison which with one task running per GPU shows about 92% utiization and with 2 shows 99%. 3 still shows shows  99%.

I am running WindowsXP64. I had seen suggested that the XP driver model doesnt allow the GPU to properly multitask. I assume you are all running Vista/Win7.

Am I finally going to have reluctantly ditch XP ......

John.
PS Have just installed the 260.63 drivers before getting these results but about the same on the previous 258.96.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version