Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (38/167) > >>

Vyper:

--- Quote from: msattler on 16 Sep 2010, 12:25:46 pm ---Any sightings of 3.2 yet?

--- End quote ---

Well the sighting seem to be in the 260x driver set for sure.

I also recieved an nvidia email that they have released 3.2 for developers now stating speed improvements in CUFFT radix and CUBLAS for fermi architecture.
This was something i read too in the readme amongst deprecated functions:
CUFFT supports batched transforms > 512 MB , The previous version of CUFFT failed when (batch size * transform size * datatype size) for a 1D single-precision transform exceeded 512MB. This has been fixed so that now the total size can be as large as the device memory capacity allows

As we saw earlier we got some speed boosts running latest drivers also with plain Cuda 3.0 code too so i'm about to try the later driver set on my 460 card to see if true workunits benefit it also compared to the quick WUs.

Kind regards Vyper

perryjay:
Ok, is there any good reason for us non-fermi types to go for this new driver before it comes out for everybody? Do you guys need any testing from us on this or can we just go back to sleep and wait for it?

Vyper:

--- Quote from: perryjay on 16 Sep 2010, 12:40:24 pm ---Ok, is there any good reason for us non-fermi types to go for this new driver before it comes out for everybody? Do you guys need any testing from us on this or can we just go back to sleep and wait for it?

--- End quote ---

I don't know yet, the best thing is to run a set of benches before and after upgrading to the newer driver set.
Since i don't want to experiment with my own main host which runs 295's i too have to wait and see what other finds out.

But best thing is to run knabench and compare the timings and post here in the forum so we know..

Regards Vyper

Jason G:
I'd suggest the WHQL are the way to go for the moment, though there are some benefits in the beta drivers.  When I switch to Cuda 3.2 you'll need to update, but that won't happen until this weekend at the earliest.

msattler:
Is this going to be as simple as dropping the new dlls into the existing installation with the new driver in place?
If so, somebody post the new dlls and I can give it a go.
I have the new beta driver running on my dual GTX295 and my dual GTX465 rigs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version