Forum > GPU crunching

Latest drivers (NVidia and ATI)

<< < (23/167) > >>

Richard Haselgrove:
I would have though it better to go the other way round - testers download the DLLs quietly and privately, make the tests, publish the results.

If there is significant improvement (as I found with v2.3), then publish the DLLs for general download and write instructions on how to install them and what preconditions apply.

But I think v3.0 was tested months ago, and found to have no benefit for current hardware/applications, so there was no need to waste time on the follow-up.

Sutaru Tsureku:
How to get out two .dll's out of one DL file?
I need to install the whole toolkit.
I don't know what will be installed and where.

It was CUDA V3.0 BETA which was tested in past, right?

Now it's CUDA V3.0 (final). Nothing different?

IIRC, some people saw speed up with CUDA V3.0 BETA. Very small, but little bit.

So why not to publish CUDA V3.0 (final) .dll's and all people could make a test of their hardware?

Not needed to make an instruction, only like the CUDA V2.3 .dll's in the DL area.
So how I see, for CUDA V2.3 there isn't an instruction.
http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;sa=dlview;id=208

But, why an instruction, only for to copy two files in an folder? ;)

EDIT: BTW. Now is an other/newer nVIDIA driver available. Maybe this time it match better with the CUDA V3.0. ;)

Richard Haselgrove:
OK, here you are. These are the 32-bit v3.0.14 DLLs from the public toolkit, renamed and ready to drop into a project folder (didn't take long to download and unpack them, did it?)

You can test and report back. If your test report is convincing enough, I might even update my drivers to the newer, slower version! ;D  :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

perryjay:
Morning Richard,
I tried your 3.0 cudart and cufft files and updated to the latest 197.13 driver for my 9500GT. It immediately errored out 6 or 7 work units with exit code 1073741515.  I stopped BM and put 2.3 stuff back in and it is running fine.  I was running 195.62 and 197.13 seems to be running faster but it is only on the first work unit since I went back to 2.3. I will keep an eye on it and report back later after I've run a few.

Richard Haselgrove:
Google (s)he say: install Dot Net.

Not sure I believe it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version