Forum > Discussion Forum

Seti is down again

<< < (4/211) > >>

Jason G:
Anyone see what was happening with the S@h forums while I was at school? Web server explode or something? [All other server contact seems fine here.]

efmer (fred):
Every Tuesday morning (Pacific time) we normally have a 3-4 hour outage for database maintenance. The upload/download servers and some web pages are offline during this time. This week took a particularly long time, and we'll be starting up the data servers shortly. Still, expect delays connecting to these servers for a while, and we'll be keeping many database intensive websites offline (like the forums) until some logjams have cleared.

Jason G:
Cheers,  I'll read the front page news next time  8)

efmer (fred):

--- Quote from: Jason G on 01 Jul 2009, 10:50:22 am ---Cheers,  I'll read the front page news next time  8)

--- End quote ---
Normally they don't tell anything, this will be a long wait.

Pappa:
not sure if they were doing some DB tweaking or what exactly. the portion on the Main page reads

This week took a particularly long time, and we'll be starting up the data servers shortly. Still, expect delays connecting to these servers for a while, and we'll be keeping many database intensive websites offline (like the forums) until some logjams have cleared.

So as I am getting no work (and the splitters for both MB and AP are running). the Boinc Replica is Offline and the query rate on the master DB is fairly high. I would say they are doing some DB work. Couple this with Matt's Tech News about cranking up NITPCKR.

Sepculation, AS Eric had told me the first attack for NTPCKER would be live returning Results and then starting to read backwards through the DB. At First I would suspect that the connection to either the Boinc Master/Replica would be very expensive. The other part that I have been subtly watching for is introduction of the QPIX number in the WU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version