Forum > Discussion Forum

Seti is down again

<< < (209/211) > >>

msattler:

--- Quote from: Pizzadude on 25 Jan 2016, 02:39:44 am ---Looks like the entire projects fell of the net.  Anybody know whats happened ?

--- End quote ---
Everything went down yesterday afternoon except uploads.   I sent my usual messages to Eric, Matt, and Jeff.
Was out for the evening.  When I got home, I had a message from Eric that Oscar had crashed, and was back up.
Things were working again somewhat, but the SSP was not updating and the replica DB was offline.  Not sure if any work was being generated or sent out, but I was not seeing any coming in.
A short while after I got home, things went down again, and currently uploads are not working either.
Hopefully things just got too tangled to fix by remote, and they will be able to sort it later this morning.
It's only 5:17AM in Berkeley as of this writing.  13:17 UTC.

msattler:
Well, Seti's been down for over 11 hours now.  They are working on it.  And to complicate matters, when the guys at the colo try to reboot the Seti server, now it reboots the Boinc server which is in the same box.  Eric thinks they may have a PSU issue now.

So, it could take a bit to get things back on track.

JohnDK:
Well at least we can still report and get new WUs.

msattler:

--- Quote from: JohnDK on 19 Feb 2016, 01:25:36 pm ---Well at least we can still report and get new WUs.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, so far that is hanging in there.  Those servers must be in a different box in the rack than the one with the web servers having the difficulty.  Apparently there are 4 servers in a 1U box that is having the trouble.

mr.mac52:
I'm glad to know that it is not just me having problems today.  I did see on the Berkeley IT web site some maintenance going on but it did not look like it could affect access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version