Forum > Linux

Does anyone use multi gpu on one machine on linux?

<< < (3/3)

Richard Haselgrove:

--- Quote from: Kunin on 15 Jul 2009, 09:07:17 am ---
The one that is running says: "Running (0.04 CPUs, 2 CUDA)" for the Status.

--- End quote ---

Are you Joseph Monk at SETI?

I just answered an identical question on the main board:

--- Quote ---Your app_info.xml file is faulty.

The fragment which reads

--- Code: ---<coproc>
<type>CUDA</type>
<count>1</count>
</coproc>
--- End code ---

(probably near the bottom) needs to be like that - unchanged - even when you have two cards. It's the number of CUDA cards needed per task - and none of the applications need more than one per task yet.
--- End quote ---

Kunin:

--- Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on 15 Jul 2009, 09:59:23 am ---
--- Quote from: Kunin on 15 Jul 2009, 09:07:17 am ---
The one that is running says: "Running (0.04 CPUs, 2 CUDA)" for the Status.

--- End quote ---

Are you Joseph Monk at SETI?

I just answered an identical question on the main board:

--- Quote ---Your app_info.xml file is faulty.

The fragment which reads

--- Code: ---<coproc>
<type>CUDA</type>
<count>1</count>
</coproc>
--- End code ---

(probably near the bottom) needs to be like that - unchanged - even when you have two cards. It's the number of CUDA cards needed per task - and none of the applications need more than one per task yet.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Double thanks, after I asked there I realized I got the app here so this would be a better place to ask.  It's working now... but something is odd as tasks now seem to take A LOT longer and only one of my GPUs are heating up.  Last night it ran with the 2 count and completed about 30 tasks in 3-8 minutes each, now it's running 2 at a time but taking hours.

sunu:
Kunin, if you haven't seen it already, check http://lunatics.kwsn.net/linux/seti-mb-cuda-for-linux.msg19767.html#msg19767 and subsequent posts in that thread.

Kunin:
Thanks, been using 6.6.11 for a while.  Another user here and I have a long thread going on the SETI forums with our various attempts.

I believe I have located the problem in 6.6.36, but all attempts to compile my own client has failed (complains about curl, but curl is installed properly).

If you have any experience there let me know, I'd be more than happy to run a couple tests and confirm my suspicions then get it fixed and submit a patch back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version