Forum > Linux

SETI MB CUDA for Linux

<< < (4/162) > >>

ML1:

--- Quote from: ML1 on 22 Jan 2009, 07:05:30 pm ---OK... To jump in with both feet and an AMD Athlon64 X2 + nVidia 8600 GT and...

Read all about the fun on s@h: Boinc 6.6.2 just released (CUDA)

Briefly, it appears to be working with two nice 19 tasks and additionally a nice 10 s@h CUDA task. Except that that the Boinc Manager consistently crashes whilst starting. The boinc client runs on unperturbed...
--- End quote ---

OK, first few results listed.

All pending or validated ok. No fails so far.

However, looks like out-of-memory for processing the gaussians.

What to check next?

Cheers,
Martin

sunu:
Hmm, 256MB seem a bit borderline in your case. I've got a GTX 280 and I've never had out of memory errors. Do you have any compiz 3d effects enabled?

ML1:

--- Quote from: sunu on 24 Jan 2009, 10:25:08 am ---Hmm, 256MB seem a bit borderline in your case. I've got a GTX 280 and I've never had out of memory errors. Do you have any compiz 3d effects enabled?
--- End quote ---
Nope.

Simply 1280x1024, no effects, 4 desktops, running Mandriva 2009.0 with KDE4.

Any diagnostics that can be done?

Cheers,
Martin

Crunch3r:

--- Quote from: ML1 on 24 Jan 2009, 12:17:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: sunu on 24 Jan 2009, 10:25:08 am ---Hmm, 256MB seem a bit borderline in your case. I've got a GTX 280 and I've never had out of memory errors. Do you have any compiz 3d effects enabled?
--- End quote ---
Nope.

Simply 1280x1024, no effects, 4 desktops, running Mandriva 2009.0 with KDE4.

Any diagnostics that can be done?

Cheers,
Martin

--- End quote ---

I've seen that once. It happens when boinc suspends a WU to crunch another one in high priority mode. You need to make sure not to leave apps in memory while suspended.

When that happens again, you should check if there's another suspended instance of the cuda app present.

smurf:

--- Quote from: sunu on 21 Jan 2009, 06:42:39 pm ---I'm using the latest official stable drivers 180.22. Go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_180.22.html to grab them.
Have you overclocked your card? Do you know what temperatures it gets when running cuda?

--- End quote ---

Now I updated to 180.22. But same situation. The card is not overclocked and temperature is 62 C. There are two types of cases:
- small WUs with a time to completion of ~7 min are running fine without any errors and granted credit is the same as claimed credit (14-15)
- big WUs with a time to completion of ~25 min have the gausfit error message and the granted credit is smaller than the claimed credit (claimed ~50, granted ~40)

I also tried it with a good old TWM only desktop which should not block any resources of the GPU for desktop effects. But same situation.

I also tried seti_home in text console standalone mode, but then all WUs make lots of strange errors. Is CUDA only supported from within an X session ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version