Forum > GPU crunching

GPU optimized application

(1/2) > >>

abachler:
I code for GPU's all the time and would like to write a GPU optimized seti client using RapidMind.  The only problem is Im not sure exactly what algorithm the application is using to analyze the data or if it would be feasable to implement on a GPU.  Is there somewhere I could find this information? 

popandbob:

--- Quote from: abachler on 20 Dec 2007, 08:18:26 pm ---I code for GPU's all the time and would like to write a GPU optimized seti client using RapidMind.  The only problem is Im not sure exactly what algorithm the application is using to analyze the data or if it would be feasable to implement on a GPU.  Is there somewhere I could find this information? 

--- End quote ---

The user Devaster already tried using rapidmind but there was a problem with the rapidmind backend and he moved development to cuda from there. If they have fixed the rapidmind backend problem then feel free to contact him as he may have the code he was working on still...

~BoB

abachler:
AFAIK they haev fixed the backend, there is a new version out, im nto sure what version he used.  Ill contact him.

popandbob:
Im glad to hear they fixed it... I also look forward to seeing what magic you can make with it.

~BoB

EDIT: Also in case you have not noticed there is a GPU child board. If someone could move this to the correct location... Thx.

MOD Gecko_R7: Done.

abachler:
Devaster and I are corresponding on the issue now.  Im working on a way to optimize the FFT on the GPU.  It looks promising so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version