from boinc_init_diagnostics()
File: ..\main.cpp
Line: 239

Got the same error for all apps...

win xp 
8600GTS
169.29 drivers

Raistmer:

--- Quote from: Batstat on 12 Jan 2008, 08:41:21 pm ---"The application has failed to start because cufft.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have not installed cuda 1.0 or beta 1.1 <--- do I need to do that?

q:
1 Access is denied. ?
2 Do I need to install cuda
3 Anything else I'm doing wrong

--- End quote ---

Actually you need to have all needed DLLs of that CUDA runtime consist in place searchable by OS for DLL (simple saying in LIB_PATH). If you use CUDA only for SETI probably better way to put that DLLs together with exe file. When I tried CUDA few months ago the needed DLLs list was cuda.dll cudart.dll cufft.dll cutil32.dll (maybe slightly redundant).

Devaster:
my mistake - i havent add a cufft.dll to the package.

other libraries you dont need - they are in the driver already included ...

if you wanna install  CUDA use only v.1.1 -  app is compiled with this version and cufft.dll(1.1) is about 2x speeder on CUDA devices v. 1.1 as cufft.dll from v. 1.0 ....

Batstat:
Installed cuda beta 1.1 and sahcuda did run.
The access denied message also disapperede, dunno why.
Not sure but can it be that Knabench need boinc to run seti as a service?

As seen in Bench result file, there is some debug info witch I belive is coming from that I do not run seti as a service.

Also I got a console message '.\tools\wu_time' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

IF massive testing is needed I will suggest that a conistent howto should be written, and needed dll's should be included.

Until next time - have a nice day :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Raistmer:

--- Quote from: Batstat on 13 Jan 2008, 02:11:29 pm ---Not sure but can it be that Knabench need boinc to run seti as a service?

--- End quote ---
bench doesnt start anything as service. It simple calls sequentally all exe files found in 2 subdirectories and logs run time for that exe. And what it does it stops boinc service at beginning and starts it at ending of test.

--- Quote from: Batstat on 13 Jan 2008, 02:11:29 pm ---Also I got a console message '.\tools\wu_time' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

--- End quote ---
When I checked my PC with antiviruses one of them suspected this tool. Maybe your antivirus blocks its execution too? Anyway wu_time.exe is not needed for main objective of bench - to log execution times. So you could just delete the exe and ignore all errors that arise from that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version