Forum > GPU crunching

GPU client

<< < (42/47) > >>

Archangel999:
wow nice thanks man keep moving !!! :)

Best Regards
D.Draganov

gaulois952:
The client will be compatible with ati cards ?

Gecko_R7:

--- Quote from: gaulois952 on 05 Dec 2008, 06:29:07 pm ---The client will be compatible with ati cards ?

--- End quote ---

No, sorry.  :-[ Not at first. Current efforts are centered @ Nvidia using Cuda SDKs.
It's as much a learning process as a development process.  GPU & CPU are different beasts & this is a new, uncharted frontier in Seti development.
Developers are having to completely rethink how to integrate the necessary tools and their understanding of Seti code into a structure that can exploit CPU & GPU strengths & dependencies.
An ATI effort may be in the cards in the future, but there's a long way to go before a Cuda app will be sophisticated and efficient enough to merit tackling another unique architecture and SDK.  ;)

Then again...maybe someone will join the effort that can lead this project w/ the ability, tools and skill necessary.  :)
This is a welcoming group.  ;D

zangetsu:

--- Quote from: Archangel999 on 24 Aug 2008, 03:55:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: Raistmer on 24 Aug 2008, 03:45:59 pm ---Ah, no, I asked what time it takes to run GPU-version of SETI client on your host?
You wrote

--- Quote ---with the x64 6.01 app ----- 127 sec
with ak v8 SSSE3.1 -----  69 sec
with ak v8 SSE4.1 ----- 45 sec

--- End quote ---
Are these numbers GPU-app run times?
What GPU app version you used?

--- End quote ---
yes it is there 6.01 app i used - setiathome_6.01_windows_intelx64.exe 127 sec
AK_v8.0_Win64_SSE4.1 - 45 sec
AK_v8.0_Win64_SSSE3.1 - 69 sec
Test wu-1

--- End quote ---

omg wow.  :o :o :o :o :o
45 seconds to run one work unit? amazing! am i assuming correctly that the gpu can only do 1 at a time, or do more, but slower? can boinc even get enough work units at that speed? :D. i have an ati card and i wish there would be an app for it, hell for any video card for that matter:)

Slawek:
Hi

What req. GPU APP need ?   ( OS and CPU ?)
Winxp or Win Vista version 32 bit or 64 bit?
CPU AMD or INTEL ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version