Forum > GPU crunching

GPU client

<< < (33/47) > >>

Vyper:
Hi Hans

Long time no see..

Well this is rather hard but i sincerly think that u should get your hands on a 8800GT (G92) because it's still based on the good o'l G90 architecture in terms of performance if your going to spend around 200Eur or so.
I recall somewhere that Cuda 2.0 is supporting wider caculations or so but i don't know if it's already supported in 9xxx series or so. If that's the case then a 9xxx based card is the way to go performance wise.
It's all there in the Cuda doc's.

Then there has been a release of the new Alex Kan code which is vastly improved if your going to start from scratch with porting different functions.
I suggest you take a chat with DevasteR because he has managed to port many functions over to Cuda 2.0 and getting it to work with faster code than 2.4V with his 9600 and that's truly impressive.

The only issue he has is that it doesn't validate (weakly similar or different) status but in which function that occur i can't remember.

You two can perhaps cook something really nice in terms of apps/hacks..

Really nice to see you again Hans, one person that has reappeared to this community only one to go (Simon)..

Kind Regards Vyper

Devaster:
velcome back Hans !

Hans Dorn:

--- Quote from: Devaster on 07 May 2008, 12:48:09 pm ---velcome back Hans !

--- End quote ---

Hi there!

I'm still rummaging around while trying to decide which GPU to get. The newer cards don't show up in the CUDA docs, but I guess that's not a problem.

I might go with the 8800GT @ 1GB memory - that one would come handy for gaming, too  ;D

Regards Hans

Devaster:
i am very happy with 9600GT card - 64 stream procs, G94, arch 1.1 - this is main advantage against older cards ...
see CUDA 1.1 or 2.0 manual for diferencies between 1.0 and 1.1

code generated for 1.1 IS not backward compatible with 1.0 ...

Radiohead:
Cuda 2.0 support Vista32 & Vista64

http://www.nvidia.com/object/get_cuda2_beta.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version