Forum > GPU crunching

GPU client

<< < (32/47) > >>

Devaster:
something weird - FFT is functional in any application ...

Raistmer:
Hi :) What data should I collect to help with this issue?

abachler:
OK got teh executable, but how do I install it so SAH will run it instead of the x86

Raistmer:
You shouldn't run it _instead_ of x86 app! CUDA app still alpha cause generate weakly similar results that could be invalidated by validator.
You need to run it in separate (from BOINC) directory as offline, standalone test only.
Just put exe file you downloaded in separate directory, copy some of WUs in same dir, rename that WU into work_unit.sah, copy in that new dir init_data.xml from your BOINC project and run exe from that new dir.
And you need CUDA SDK/tools installed or runtime CUDA DLLs to be in PATH (maybe LIBPATH).

Hans Dorn:
Hi all,

thought I would check in here, where I left off some time ago.

I've been playing around with CUDA and the SETI sources, but got stuck with sub-par performance of my code, and stopped working on it.
Later on I managed to destroy my graphics card (8800GTX) while trying to clean the fans - don't ask  ;D

Long story short, I'm getting another graphics card, but can't decide which one would be best for crunching SETI:

I'm considering another 8800GTX or maybe a 9800GTX or even 9800GX2.

Could you give me any hints w.r.t FFT performance of these cards?

Regards Hans

P.S: I have a gut feeling the 8800GTX still might be the best number cruncher...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version