+- +-
Say hello if visiting :) by Gecko
11 Jan 2023, 07:43:05 pm

Seti is down again by Mike
09 Aug 2017, 10:02:44 am

Some considerations regarding OpenCL MultiBeam app tuning from algorithm view by Raistmer
11 Dec 2016, 06:30:56 am

Loading APU to the limit: performance considerations by Mike
05 Nov 2016, 06:49:26 am

Better sleep on Windows - new round by Raistmer
26 Aug 2016, 02:02:31 pm

Author Topic: mod app_info.xml to show version on boincmgr or boincview?  (Read 19949 times)

Offline Metod, S56RKO

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Realm
Re: mod app_info.xml to show version on boincmgr or boincview?
« Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2007, 02:24:06 pm »
I do remember the feature, I was immediately using the then-newer Boinc aplhas. But as I understood Joe's related changes from many months ago, the issue should be really away. And, BoincManager does not suffer from it...  :-\

Obviously fix only covered proper functionality and not UI ... Not that I'm bothered by that  ;)

[edit]How to take a look at the GUI RPC data flow? It's a local client, so Wireshark is useless, and I'd have to make the authentication manually, if connected over telnet...[/edit]

I don't know if this would really work (and how to do it) in Windows, but how about running ethereal (or some other packet sniffing tool) against loopback device?

Pepo

« Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2007, 05:08:20 pm »
How to take a look at the GUI RPC data flow? It's a local client, so Wireshark is useless...

I don't know if this would really work (and how to do it) in Windows, but how about running ethereal (or some other packet sniffing tool) against loopback device?

Wireshark is Ethereal ;) (OK, it's successor, I liked the former name more). But Win version does not show loopback as an available capture interface :(

I'll have to try it with some external host.
(Forgot, not possible, my external hosts do still run generics :)  A time for some steroids...)

Peter
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2007, 05:12:43 pm by Pepo »

Offline Metod, S56RKO

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2007, 04:16:16 pm »
I'd just like to point out that with BOINC core client version 5.9.X (and presumably all the newer ones), that introduces mechanism of alternative platforms, one has to modify app_info.xml. I ran into this problem and found a solution described in this post.

Just tested the new app_info.xml with old BOINC CC 5.8.15 and it works OK. With new BOINC CC, the new tag gets recorded into client_state.xml, while with the old one it doesn't. Just the way it should be  :)
« Last Edit: 11 May 2007, 04:28:32 pm by Metod, S56RKO »

Offline Metod, S56RKO

• Alpha Tester
  • Knight o' The Realm
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2007, 09:48:57 am »
I'd just like to point out that with BOINC core client version 5.9.X (and presumably all the newer ones), that introduces mechanism of alternative platforms, one has to modify app_info.xml.

Ahh, well, as it turns out, this was a bug and has been fixed in 5.9.11:

Code: [Select]
- core client: when parse app_info.xml, set platform to primary platform. Otherwise anonymous platform mechanism doesn't work.

anseo

« Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:29:27 pm »
oh yeah

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Members
Total Members: 97
Latest: ToeBee
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats