Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (105/179) > >>

_heinz:
Hi
a big thank you to all users and anonymous readers of this epic thread, we have today 66000 Views, really a nice number.
@Urs, thanks for the link, very interesting...

Regards   ;)

_heinz:
modify: picture tunneling, longer tube, better values
A full tunneling of the passive RV670 transport the heat out of the case now. (its all paper-maché to see if it works, will make it later from any plastic thermo-isolated material)
The tube is now 21 cm. Case is open.
roomtemp 21 grd celsius
running:
8 x akv8
2 x collatz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Informationsliste   Wert
Sensor Eigenschaften   
Sensortyp   Dual ADT7490  (SMBus 2Ch, 2Eh)
GPU Sensortyp   Diode  (ATI-Diode)
Motherboard Name   Intel D5400XS

Temperaturen   
CPU1   55 °C  (131 °F)
CPU2   53 °C  (127 °F)
1. CPU / 1. Kern   51 °C  (124 °F)
1. CPU / 2. Kern   42 °C  (108 °F)
1. CPU / 3. Kern   48 °C  (118 °F)
1. CPU / 4. Kern   47 °C  (117 °F)
2. CPU / 1. Kern   46 °C  (115 °F)
2. CPU / 2. Kern   43 °C  (109 °F)
2. CPU / 3. Kern   45 °C  (113 °F)
2. CPU / 4. Kern   46 °C  (115 °F)
DIMM   77 °C  (171 °F)
GPU Diode   74 °C  (165 °F)
Temperatur 1   53 °C  (127 °F)
Temperatur 2   52 °C  (126 °F)
Temperatur 3   53 °C  (127 °F)
FB-DIMM1   78 °C  (172 °F)
FB-DIMM2   72 °C  (162 °F)
FB-DIMM3   70 °C  (158 °F)
FB-DIMM4   70 °C  (158 °F)
Seagate ST31000340NS   41 °C  (106 °F)
Seagate ST31000340NS   42 °C  (108 °F)
Seagate ST31000340NS   44 °C  (111 °F)

Kühllüfter   
CPU1   663 RPM
CPU2   657 RPM
North Bridge   4553 RPM
South Bridge   4160 RPM
DIMM   4115 RPM
Aux   946 RPM
Grafikprozessor (GPU)   100%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
The EVO shows 20 grd and 3972 RPM
This works now as recommended.    ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A better solution would be a cooling-unit with 3 Fans a 5*5 *1cm running 5000 RPM, complete in a flexible tube so that it can get cool fresh air from outside the case.
Conclusion: The EVO Cyclone without modification is not qualified to cool the FB-DIMMS down.
 ;)

Pappa:
The silly question I have is the fan blowing Down onto the cooling fins or UP pulling case air through the fins...

So looking at the pictures you have posted you have what looks like a dead space for air movement in the area of the RAM. What I think I would do is install one of the fans that covers a "blade slot" in the back of the case to exhaust from that area and insure that the RAM Fan is pulling outside air (forcing down onto to the cooling fins). Then you are creating specific airflow for just the RAM.

_heinz:

--- Quote from: Pappa on 20 Dec 2009, 05:47:16 pm ---The silly question I have is the fan blowing Down onto the cooling fins or UP pulling case air through the fins...

So looking at the pictures you have posted you have what looks like a dead space for air movement in the area of the RAM. What I think I would do is install one of the fans that covers a "blade slot" in the back of the case to exhaust from that area and insure that the RAM Fan is pulling outside air (forcing down onto to the cooling fins). Then you are creating specific airflow for just the RAM.

--- End quote ---
The fan in the tube is blowing the cool air from outside onto the FB-DIMMs. The fan does not blow on the cooling fins left and right. These cooling fins goes still under the fan along. When the fan blows the air on these fins under it, they cool down, but this has no big effect if the case temp is 40 grd celsius. (Therefore I must the case open now).
Where the airducts are I could not see exactly.
Remember to our first try the EVO shows 41 grd and 4286 RPM on its LED Display. (see above)
Right on the paper-mache tunnel of the RV670 is a big fan, it blows cool air from right through the tunnel to three open blade slots backside.
The case has 2 fans 22cm diameter, each with separate switch and variable RPM regulator.
If I close the case and switch the two fans on, a lot of cool air blows in, but the temperature of the FBDIMMS are going upwards.
See our sample above, to run the machine without special FB-DIMM fan-cooler, temp goes up to 102 grd celsius.
Its very mysterious, but true, the two big fans disturb the inner airflow. I had them always off.

modify: Review from InsideHW GEIL EVO Cyclone Memory Cooler

Pappa:
The hard part is every case is designed to "look nice" for the user to impress their friends. Other than a few, it was not designed to move air to cool an extremme machine. So it is known that there will be dead spots that air does not move well.
Otherwise we would see a BIG Honking FAN in the Front with a Grill on every machine.
Your drive cage prevents moving air Front to Back which would cool the Chipset, RAM and Hard Drives.

What I would look at is if you have two of the 5.24 bays open in the top to mount a 120mm Fan just push air into the case. If under the plastic front of the case is mounting area for an 80mm fan put one there (poke holes). The idea would be to force as much air as possible. Then fans that exhaust air out of the case will work more effectively.

One might consider mounting another fan at the exhaust of the power supply to help pull more air out of the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version