Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (96/179) > >>

Jason G:
Tried the Beta.  Hated the removal of the compiler switches I like, then went back to ICC.  They've got basically the same stuff, repackaged IMO, but targeted to a different target customer.

Gecko_R7:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 28 May 2009, 09:02:21 am ---Tried the Beta.  Hated the removal of the compiler switches I like, then went back to ICC.  They've got basically the same stuff, repackaged IMO, but targeted to a different target customer.

--- End quote ---

Lol!  I suspected you'd already played w/ it.
Makes sense re: ICC.

Jason G:
yeah, ICC+TBB really, integrated a bit, so not a bad combo all the same.  The part I founding annoying was the implications (probably due to marketing pressure) that if you recompile your program in this environment, then you get a multithreaded program.  Still little/no mention of processes involved to achieve an effective parallel design, which remains a pencil and paper affair  ::)

_heinz:
"VMware Tools" is now running on V8-VM2 openSUSE-11.0-x86_64
To activate VMwaretools, the kernel must recompiled, some modules of VMwaretools must be included into the kernel. This is successful done.  ;D
In the "VMware Infrastructure Web Access" you see VMware Tools is running.
We have now full functionality of VMwaretools in linux.
The VMware Tools package provides support required for shared folders and for drag and drop operations. Other tools in the package support synchronization of time in the guest operating system with time on the host, automatic grabbing and releasing of the mouse cursor, copying and pasting between guest and host, and improved mouse performance. The SVGA driver provides significantly faster graphics performance.

heinz  ;D

_heinz:
astropulse a short history

it begun with astropulse rev 358
after getting some small difficulties and surprises we had to checkout boinc.
After some work and introducing "Visul Studio 8" we get ap 4.35 rev24b54
Next was some important research in parallel work like
bench fft sse and bench fft see affinity show no difference.
astropulse r69 runs parallel with 8*AK_v8_win_x64_SSSE3x
followed by some research with fft serial and 128K fft serial runs on 1 core.
128K fft parallel as you can see it runs on all 8 cores.
astropulse rev78 runs parallel with 8*AK_v8_win_x64SSSE3x
sysinfo of astropulse rev78pj (parallel job)
test r78 preference job
latest free optimized astropulse 5.03 and RAC
astropulse 5.03 on virtual machine VM1 run parallel with 8* ap5.03 on the host V8-Xeon
influence of astropulse to RAC
astropulse 5.03 highest RAC
and since astropulse has no work RAC drops like a rock

now astropulse 5.05 is in beta status...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version