Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (87/179) > >>

Jason G:
Hi Leaps! .. Nahhh .. It's 2xXeon Quads on a Skultrail Mobo  :) [Heinz, Please check cache size with CPU-Z]

_heinz:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 28 Nov 2008, 11:24:13 am ---Hmmm, I have TBB on my other (32-bit) drive ... maybe I can install it here, will try.

[Hmmm, so parallel composer doesn't actually have TBB in it then ....  ??? that seems a bit odd, maybe they expect you'll use pure openmp.. what about IPP, I suppose that's not there either which would make this ICC 11 ?]

32 & 64 bit fibonacci sample built & ran.  Will consider fully migrating to 64 bit platform for holidays in a few weeks.  It'll be painful, but about time probably.

Jason

--- End quote ---
I did upload the fibonacci project to our testproject
it is in /users/heinz/heinz_projects/fibonacci/vc8

As far as I have seen IPP will be used if it is installed...but must read doku to manifest it..
Looked up now: --->
Vectorization and Loop Optimization
Vectorization detects patterns of sequential data accesses by the same instruction and transforms the code for SIMD execution, including use of the SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, and SSE4 instruction sets.
heinz
did you see the speedup between the easy TBB and the composer with TBB. my testresultfiles are up.  ;D
heinz

Jason G:
@heinz: I didn't check yet ... wait up.. this is fun... will compare 32 bit Fibonacci here.

@Leaps: Will PM shortly about something

_heinz:

--- Quote from: Jason G on 28 Nov 2008, 11:52:39 am ---Hi Leaps! .. Nahhh .. It's 2xXeon Quads on a Skultrail Mobo  :) [Heinz, Please check cache size with CPU-Z]

--- End quote ---
there you can see CPUID
and here you can see CPUZ

Jason G:
Ahhh, 6 meg per package ( 1.5 meg per core )... Okay, yep it is 12 meg total for the 8 cores.

Compared 32 bit ICC 10.1 / TBB 2.0 build of fibonacci, and it IS slower than Parallel composer 32 bit build under XP64 ... Will have to try that build under XP32 to confiirm though.  I will probably update all my ICC/IPP base packages as soon as I get time, in a few week.

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version