Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (69/179) > >>

_heinz:
Hi all who are reading here,
Today 19th of June it is the first time since the lunatics outage, I can post here again.
Greetings to all.  ;)

What happened in the meantime:
1. The V8-Xeon is built.
2. today a month ago, 19th of May the V8-Xeon started to crunch. (Read the V8-Xeon Server thread on seti)
    The results are great, the machine crunched in 30 days more than my P4 2.6GHz Northwood in 3 years and 4 months.
3. V8-Xeon runs absolut stable.
4. The machine has a boot menu and a very handy backup-system and run with Vista64Ultimate,
    till now no other OS is installed.

What is todo next:
1. Install other necessary OS for development and testing
2. Install program developer environment in the different OS's
3. Testing functionality of the developer environment
4. Start again with our development process for seti & Co.
I hope todo point 1-3 till before the summer-holidays are starting....

heinz

Jason G:
Hi Heinz,
   Got some holidays coming in two weeks also, so perhaps I'll have a lot more time to look at this also.  It'll be nice to finally get a chance to look a bit deeper into the code/algorithms.  Glad to see you're back.

Jason

_heinz:

Server2008
did download the file 6001.18000.080118-1840_amd64fre_Server_de-de-KRMSXFRE_DE_DVD.iso before some months and have thought to get a free version of Server2008. Now when i try to install, it shows the window to put in the registration number, but i have none, if i say go on without it, the next menue come up where you must choose the different servertypes to installl, but I can't choose nothing of it and click the next step is impossible.
It's frustrating...
So I think we can forget it......
Very pitty

heinz

Urs Echternacht:
Windows Server 2008 and extending the evaluation period. Don't know if that will work, but i think its worth a try.

_heinz:
Thanks Urs for your hints  :)
meanwhile I installed VS2008Express under Vista64, next will be Fedora9 with Eclipse.

heinz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version