Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (61/179) > >>

Jason G:
Probably  ;) I'm lost, oh well here's as good a place as any  ;D [ Ahh yes, the questions about SSE2 support and AMD chips in the development thread, oh well , we can draw a mental link , it's  gotten crazy in there so I thought I'd come out for some fresh air  8) ]

_heinz:
found the supercruncher .  :o
10 quad cpus.
The idea is not new, I have thought about it 2 years ago as I started with diskless CF machines. It is possible build 4 watercooled dual-boards in a server case, vertical installation, using one powersupply and a common disk-array. So we have 8 physical  quad-CPU's. These are 32 cpus.
I would prefer vertical installation, as a blade Server.

I like such crazy things.  ;D

heinz

_heinz:
The new servers are comming
Altos G540 TT.G54E0.033
Altos G540 Xeon QC E5405 2.0GHz/1333 MHz/12MB, 2x1GB FBD 667, 1xSAS/SATA HDD cage (4 bays, second cage optional), SATA 6 ch on board, no HDD and Carrier, DVD, Dual Gigabit Lan Onboard, PS2 Maus, ohne Keyboard, EasyBuild 7.1, 3 Jahre Garantie und Vor-Ort-Service Next 

1321,18 Euro  there

2GB RAM looks a little bit small for a quad, but the price is hot  ::)

heinz

Jason G:

--- Quote from: seti_britta on 28 Mar 2008, 07:54:16 pm ---The new servers are comming
Altos G540 TT.G54E0.033
Altos G540 Xeon QC E5405 2.0GHz/1333 MHz/12MB, 2x1GB FBD 667, 1xSAS/SATA HDD cage (4 bays, second cage optional), SATA 6 ch on board, no HDD and Carrier, DVD, Dual Gigabit Lan Onboard, PS2 Maus, ohne Keyboard, EasyBuild 7.1, 3 Jahre Garantie und Vor-Ort-Service Next 

1321,18 Euro  there

2GB RAM looks a little be smal for a quad, but the price is hot  ::)

heinz

--- End quote ---
yeah, the prices of FB-Dimms or DDR3 too is why I have stayed with a DDR2 desktop mainboard.  It is a nice step up for you and I think there is enough processing power there to decommission your other machines, then you will quickly save enough money in electricity and the prices of RAM will drop far enough then you can put 4 Gig in easily  ;D

_heinz:
.... must wait still  to get the rest of the hardware (the board will be expected available from 18.04.08), hoping to start with the v8 around the 1st of may.

At the moment I'm collecting and preparing the necessary software...

for all others who wait for a new app... our developer team is working hard to prepare a v8 optimized app which is comming soon.

meanwhile I  cleaned my old servers ---> server demounting
the board is now equipt with 2 Pentium 200MMX.
did you ever have a look in your power supply after 12 years, here you can see it.

heinz  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version