Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (29/179) > >>

_heinz:
Merci Crunch3r and Simon.
------------------------------------
It would be nice to use the Intel-Compiler with the GUI. Therefore I installed the new Microsoft Visual Studio Codename Orcas
Version 9.0.20404.0 Beta1
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727
Installed Edition: Professional
----------------------------------------
Installation runs without problems. After settings the necessary paths I converted seti_boinc to the new developer environment. No problems. After that I deinstalled the Intel-Compiler, started the machine new again and installed the Intel-Compiler new to run into the new environment. Now start again the machine to see if the Intel-Compiler is now available in the GUI.
I´m surprised, no menu-point in the Solutionexplorer to convert to the Intel- environment.
It looks like to use the IntelCompiler in VisualStudio Orcas is not possible
Or I forgot to do a important step.
----------------------------------------------------
Did anybody of you use the Intel-Compiler 10.0.025 already in Orcas ???
regards

seti_britta ~heinz

Simon:
Hi Heinz,

since the new VS version is still in Beta, it's not supported by the Intel tools yet AFAIK.

HTH,
Simon.

_heinz:
Thanks Simon,

some news: if you compile the same stuff with VS2005 and with orcas, orcas show errors where VS2005 found nothing.
uuuh....
like this:
------ Build started: Project: libboinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Compiling...
stackwalker_win.cpp
..\..\..\boinc\lib\stackwalker_win.cpp(614) : error C2664: 'BOOL (HANDLE,PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64,PVOID)' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'overloaded-function' to 'PSYM_ENUMMODULES_CALLBACK64'
        None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
614    if (!pSEM(g_hProcess, SymEnumerateModulesProc, NULL))
615    {
616        _ftprintf(stderr, _T("SymEnumerateModules64(): GetLastError = %lu\n"), gle );
617    }
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------%----
overloaded functions ---> its stress pur

Simon, ist the error above known you ??

Devaster:
When i have compiled it this line havei commented out and it was whole working  ;D

_heinz:
VS2005
Microsoft (R) 32-Bit C/C++-Optimierungscompiler Version 14.00.50727.762 für 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boincX`pi" /I "C:\I\SC\seti\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib"/I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc80.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'Initialisierung': Konvertierung von 'size_t' nach 'int', Datenverlust möglich

....next
xml_util.cpp
Code wird generiert...
c:\i\sc\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag': Rekursiv für alle Steuerelementpfade. Die Funktion verursacht einen Stapelüberlauf zur Laufzeit.
c:\i\sc\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag{;: Rekursiv für alle Steuerelementpfade. Die Funktion verursacht einen Stapelüberlauf zur Laufzeit.
Verknüpfen...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
Browseinformationsdatei wird erstellt...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance-Programm Version 8.00.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://c:\I\SC\seti\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
seti_boinc - 0 Fehler, 3 Warnung(en)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORCAS
------ Rebuild All started: Project: seti_boinc, Configuration: Release32-NOGFX Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'seti_boinc', configuration 'Release32-NOGFX|Win32'
Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.20404 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Rele!qe/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\..\db\xml_util.cpp"
   "..\worker.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\windows_opengl.C"
   "..\version.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\util.C"
   "..\timecvt.cpp"
   "..\..\image_libs\tgalib.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlrow.cpp"
   "..\..\db\sqlblob.cpp"
   "..\spike.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\shmem.C"
   "..\seti_header.cpp"
   "..\seti.cpp"
   "..\..\db\schema_master.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx_base.cpp"
   "..\sah_gfx.cpp"
   "..\s_util.cpp"
   "..\pulsefind.cpp"
   "..\progress.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\parse.C"
   "..\malloc_a.cpp"
   "..\main.cpp"
   "..\lcgamm.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\gutil.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_data.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\graphics_api.C"
   "..\gdata.cpp"
   "..\gaussfit.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\filesys.C"
   "..\fft8g.cpp"
   "..\chirpfft.cpp"
   "..\..\..\boinc\api\boinc_api.C"
   "..\..\..\boinc\lib\app_ipc.C"
   "..\analyzeReport.cpp"
   "..\analyzePoT.cpp"
analyzePoT.cpp
C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
        c:\I\VS9\VC\include\algorithm(708) : see declaration of 'std::transform'
--- BenSpectrum ---
analyzeReport.cpp
C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
app_ipc.C
c:\i\sc\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
boinc_api.C
chirpfft.cpp
fft8g.cpp
filesys.C
c:\i\sc\vs90\boinc\lib\util.h(81) : warning C4996: 'std::transform': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'
gaussfit.cpp
gdata.cpp
graphics_api.C
graphics_data.C
gutil.C
lcgamm.cpp
main.cpp
malloc_a.cpp
parse.C
progress.cpp
pulsefind.cpp
s_util.cpp
sah_gfx.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
sah_gfx_base.cpp
schema_master.cpp
seti.cpp
seti_header.cpp
..\seti_header.cpp(93) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
shmem.C
spike.cpp
sqlblob.cpp
sqlrow.cpp
tgalib.cpp
timecvt.cpp
util.C
version.cpp
windows_opengl.C
worker.cpp
xml_util.cpp
Generating Code...
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(663) : warning C4717: 'xml_match_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
c:\i\sc\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2b-ben-joe\db\xml_util.cpp(689) : warning C4717: 'xml_find_tag' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow
Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.20404 for 80x86
cl /Od /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\jpeglib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\image_libs" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\glut" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\Optimizer" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\db" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\client\win" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\lib" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc\api" /I "C:\I\SC\vs90\boinc" /I "." /I "../../../boinc/api" /I "../../../boinc/lib" /I ".." /I "glut" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NBOINC_APP_GRAPHICS" /D "CLIENT" /D "_MT" /D "USE_IPP" /D "USE_SSE2" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MT /Zp16 /Gy /Fp".\Release/seti_boinc.pch" /Fo".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /Fd".\Release32-NOGFX\vc90.pdb" /FR".\Release32-NOGFX\\" /W3 /c /Wp64 /Zi /TP "..\analyzeFuncs.cpp"
analyzeFuncs.cpp
-----IPP-----
-----SSE2-----
Linking...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.20404
"/OUT:.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\IPP\5.2_beta\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\INTEL\MKL\9.0\ia32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\VS8\VC\lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\masm32\m32lib" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\AMD64" "/LIBPATH:C:\I\SDK\Lib\IA64" /MANIFEST:NO "/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" "/PDB:c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 glut32.lib glut.lib glu32.lib optimizer.lib image_libs.lib jpeglib.lib libboinc.lib libboincapi.lib non_ICC.lib setiboincdb.lib ippsmerged.lib ippvmmerged.lib ippchmerged.lib ippcorel.lib delayimp.lib libcpmt.lib WinMM.lib OpenGL32.lib Kernel32.Lib oldnames.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeFuncs.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzePoT.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\analyzeReport.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\app_ipc.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\boinc_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\chirpfft.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\fft8g.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\filesys.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gaussfit.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gdata.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_api.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\graphics_data.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\gutil.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\lcgamm.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\main.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\malloc_a.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\parse.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\progress.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\pulsefind.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\s_util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sah_gfx_base.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\schema_master.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\seti_header.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\shmem.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\spike.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlblob.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\sqlrow.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\tgalib.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\timecvt.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\util.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\version.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\windows_opengl.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\worker.obj"
".\Release32-NOGFX\xml_util.obj"
s_util.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
schema_master.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
seti.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
xml_util.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)
.\Release32-NOGFX\seti_boinc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.20404
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\I\SC\vs90\seti_boinc_2k3_2.2B-Ben-Joe\client\win_build\Release32-NOGFX\BuildLog.htm"
seti_boinc - 5 error(s), 23 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any hints for the warnings or for the unresolved ext. symbols  ???
heinz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version