Forum > Windows

optimized sources

<< < (3/179) > >>

Gecko_R7:
Hi Simon,

Are you planning to play w/ and compare new MKL 9.1 Beta?
You think it has caught-up/surpassed speed of IPP? 

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: Gecko_R7 on 31 Mar 2007, 01:45:43 pm ---Hi Simon,

Are you planning to play w/ and compare new MKL 9.1 Beta?
You think it has caught-up/surpassed speed of IPP? 
--- End quote ---

It would be interesting to know if they're products of separate teams within Intel which compete, or basically the same code under the hood with different interface and focus. My assumption has been the latter, in which case whichever one has the most recent release should be "better" in some sense. But note that "better" does not always mean "faster".
                                                                             Joe

Gecko_R7:
Think I may have as close to an Apples to Apples comparo of IPP vs. MKL 9.0

XEON 3.0 w/ IPP vs. MKL 8.1 in the first graph.
XEON 3.0 w/ new MKL 9.0 in the second

Looks pretty close w/ the new MKL 9.0 being slightly quicker than IPP in the 16K to 132K range.... if this is truly a level comparison.
At 16K, IPP = 12.5 Gflops vs. @ 13.5 Gflops for MKL 9.0 or @ 8% quicker
At 132K, IPP = 11.5 Gflops vs. @ 12.25 Gflops for MKL 9.0 or @ 6% quicker

I'd assume there are "other" improvements in 9.x w/ further optimization relevance as well?
Would the added trigonometric and other complex data support in the 9.0 VML also be worth a closer look?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

msattler:
Does this mean I might have some newly compiled apps to test soon?

Crunch3r:

--- Quote from: Gecko_R7 on 31 Mar 2007, 11:33:07 pm ---Think I may have as close to an Apples to Apples comparo of ICC vs. MKL 9.0

XEON 3.0 w/ IPP vs. MKL 8.1 in the first graph.
XEON 3.0 w/ new MKL 9.0 in the second

Looks pretty close w/ the new MKL 9.0 being slightly quicker than ICC in the 16K to 132K range.... if this is truly a level comparison.
At 16K, ICC = 12.5 Gflops vs. @ 13.5 Gflops for MKL 9.0 or @ 8% quicker
At 132K, ICC = 11.5 Gflops vs. @ 12.25 Gflops for MKL 9.0 or @ 6% quicker

I'd assume there are "other" improvements in 9.x w/ further optimization relevance as well?
Would the added trigonometric and other complex data support in the 9.0 VML also be worth a closer look?

--- End quote ---

Hi,

MKL 9.0 is way faster than 8.0 and is %aual or in some cases depending on the ar faster than ipp.
Some weeks ago I've build a app from stock source and compared it to an old 5.12 and it was faster.

Regarding the trigonometric stuff imho it is worth looking into it!
But it depends on Ben and Joe if they like to have acloser look at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version