Forum > Linux

Optimized on FC6

(1/2) > >>

Usul:
Hi guys !

has somebody succeeded having it run on FC6 ? I see some interesting threads on it... I keep getting "compiler cannot create executables" messages...
I know FC6 may not be the best distro, but that's what I have...

usul

michael37:
Do you mean the gcc compiler or intel compiler?  I briefly tried intel compiler on fc6 and it works pretty much the same as on other distros.  I imagine the new gcc with all new libraries can be more of a challenge.

On a side note, I added compatibility libraries and legacy development package set when I installed my fc6, so I tend to have fewer problems with incompatible compilers / libraries.

BenHer:
Tell me of the waters of your homeworld...usul

Usul:
Well,
I tried with the intel compiler, works fine for the dirty and short code lines I'm able to write... but fails on our app (boinc part), config log says :
IPO link: can not find -lippsmerged
icc: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
configure:2596: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "BOINC"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "boinc"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "BOINC 5.5.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "boinc"
| #define VERSION "5.5.0"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */

A beginning is a very delicate time... :o

ajs:

--- Quote from: Usul on 23 Jan 2007, 04:15:27 pm --- fails on our app (boinc part), config log says :
IPO link: can not find -lippsmerged
--- End quote ---

Thats the same as I was getting on when I tried on fc6.
It seems I'm not smart enough to download the full free IPP package even though I'm sure I followed the walkthru   ;)
I tried several times but couldn't seem to get IPP with the ippsmerge* libs so had to throw in the towel and admit defeat  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version