Forum > Windows

Which version of Boinc is best ?

(1/3) > >>

Pizzadude:
Can anybody suggest which version of Boinc is best, it seems to me that later versions of Boinc do not seem to collect enough work to stop me running out daily and I have to intervene.

The version I am using at the moment (6.12.26) is the oldest 64bit available on Seti's website.

Claggy:

--- Quote from: Pizzadude on 06 Feb 2012, 12:31:42 pm ---Can anybody suggest which version of Boinc is best, it seems to me that later versions of Boinc do not seem to collect enough work to stop me running out daily and I have to intervene.

The version I am using at the moment (6.12.26) is the oldest 64bit available on Seti's website.

--- End quote ---
Try Boinc 6.10.60, Seti doesn't host any versions of Boinc, they are hosted at the Boinc website, you can get a selection eithier from the all versions download page,
or direct from the downloads directory: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=A

Claggy

TouchuvGrey:
Currently running 7.0.18 Alpha here  with
flops values in app_info. Would reverting to
6.10.60 be better for getting more work ?

Josef W. Segur:

--- Quote from: TouchuvGrey on 26 Feb 2012, 04:56:10 pm ---Currently running 7.0.18 Alpha here  with
flops values in app_info. Would reverting to
6.10.60 be better for getting more work ?
--- End quote ---

Reverting would be a way of losing what work you do have, some of the changes mean 6.10.60 won't be able to pick up where 7.0.18 left off. IIRC the work would be seen as "lost" and resent, so if you save all the WUs and put them back at the right time you could avoid having to download them again.

The transfer backoffs in 6.10.60 are somewhat less than 7.0.18, but 7.0.18 is also a lot less than 6.12.x. As to getting work assigned, 7.0.18 has completely different work fetch logic than 6.12.x and earlier. But if it is requesting work, it is just as likely to get some as any other version.
                                                         Joe

skildude:
7.0.18 is recommended fot albert@home because of how it allows opnCL natively IIRC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version