Forum > Windows

Nvidia GTX 590

(1/2) > >>

Pizzadude:
Can anybody give me some insight as to which is the highest performing solution the mighty GTX590 or two GTX580's from a crunching point of view.

sunu:
2xGTX580.

A GTX590 is two heavily underclocked 580s.

SciManStev:
There was a limited run of something called a Mars 2, which is a full double 580 that can be heavilly overclocked. A water cooled version was also available, but you were looking at I think $1700 per card. A pair of Mars 2 cards, a couple of top end PSU's, and a ferocious motherboard, RAM, and CPU will get you a formidable system, as well as in the poor house.

Steve

Pizzadude:

--- Quote from: SciManStev on 24 Sep 2011, 05:27:07 pm ---There was a limited run of something called a Mars 2, which is a full double 580 that can be heavilly overclocked. A water cooled version was also available, but you were looking at I think $1700 per card. A pair of Mars 2 cards, a couple of top end PSU's, and a ferocious motherboard, RAM, and CPU will get you a formidable system, as well as in the poor house.

Steve

--- End quote ---

Mmmm, Ive located one and you are correct the spec is mouth watering but the price has reduced me to tears.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-262-AS&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1966

SubSpace:
I think that 2xGTX580 will be faster, than GTX590. Besides they can be overclocked.
And Mars 2 is too hot. One wrong move and it will burn.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version